Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Have You Had Your Granola Today?


For me, breakfast is pretty much the driving force that gets me out of bed. After fasting for about 12 hours, (aka after dinner and sleep), I am consistently famished when I wake up. It must also be said that I am a modern dancer and remain active for most of the day. Therefore, it is essential that I make a breakfast powerful enough to see me through dance class, rehearsal and onto lunch, without making me overly full. No one likes to stuff themselves into a leotard after a gut-breaking meal anyhow. 

Because Granola Medley is a compilation of items, it is extremely easy to add your own components. Try a bit of unprocessed peanut butter if you don't have any yogurt on hand, or maybe add a dash of cinnamon or flax to get some cholesterol-lowering benefits. Later on in my posts, I will share an outstanding homemade granola recipe. 


Granola Medley
serves 1

1 apple or banana, cut into chunks

small handful of your favorite granola

2 sheets of graham crackers, broken into pieces

dollop of plain, fat free greek yogurt (Fage is my favorite)

drizzle of honey

snips of fresh wheat-grass (optional)



Combine the granola, crackers, fruit and yogurt into a shallow bowl. Sprinkle on the wheat-grass. Finish with a hefty drizzle of honey. Eat. 

Because the bowl is shallow- perfect for licking!




No comments:

Post a Comment